Certificate in Education
The aim of this Certificate in Education course is to achieve the following to:
- lay the basic foundation of education principles and practices for participants interested in the field of education and education-related jobs;
- Prepare participants for a challenging and satisfying teaching career; and
- Equip existing teachers with the basic essential knowledge and skills needed to be more effective in their teaching profession.
On successful completion of this course, the student is expected to be able to:
- Develop effective lessons with appropriate technology, suitable pedagogies and assessment methods;
- Create a conducive classroom environment for effective learning;
- Apply various interactive pedagogical methods for engaged learning;
- Possess basic understanding of education theories related to effective teaching, learning and assessment; and
- Evaluate and reflect on planning, teaching and assessment practices.
Introduction to Educational Psychology (CE100/01)
Creating a Learning Environment (CE100/02)
Assessment Literacy (CE100/03)
Technology to Support Learning (CE100/04)
Communication Skills for Teachers (CE100/05)
Full Time: 3 months, 5 weekdays, 3 hours daily
Part Time: 6 months, 5 weekdays, 1.5 hours daily
Course Admission Requirements
Applicant is required at least 16 years old and completed 10 years of education or obtained 3 GCE N Level Passes or equivalent, and attain a pass in GCE N Level English, IELTS Level 5 or minimum 50% in Lower Secondary English Placement Examination.
Course Commencement Day
First Monday of January and July.
1. Application fee: SG$300 (non-refundable)
2. Course fee: SG$5,150
3. Medical Insurance fee: SG$200 (non-refundable)
4. ICA student pass processing fee: SG$120 (Payable to ICA)
5. Payment modes: Cash, Cheque, Telegraphic Transfer
6. School Account Details:
Company Name: ELMWOOD INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE PTE. LTD.
Account Number: 689-373-694-001
Bank Name: OCBC Bank
Swift BIC Code: OCBCSGSG
Mode of Assessment
The course adopts a holistic assessment approach in which 20% will be based on the level of participation in class discussion. 50% will be based on the best 3 assignment tasks for each module. 30% will be based on the final examination.
Students must achieve at least 90% attendance.
Student must attained at least overall 60% score.
Student must complete and pass the module stipulated in the course structure .